Sunday, February 20, 2011

Writer/Producer Marti Noxon talks Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Fright Night remakes


by: Niki Stephens Feb. 18, 2011

As a fan of both BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (movie and series) as well as FRIGHT NIGHT, I was interested when I came across a small article that mentioned both.

MTV Movies Blog caught up with co-writer of I AM NUMBER FOUR Marti Noxon during a premiere for the film. As you know, Noxon wrote several episodes as well as produced for BUFFY and is the main writer on the FRIGHT NIGHT remake. A BUFFY re-do I'm not so happy about, especially if writer and creator Joss Whedon is not allowed at the party.

Noxon shared her feelings on the subject, “It’s hard to imagine anybody but Joss bringing that to the screen. I wouldn’t want to be the person trying to write it. And I worked on the show, but I would not want to be that [person] because the fans are very loyal. They’re excruciatingly loyal, unless they hate you, in which case they’re excruciating about that too.” She's not lying.

Then the FRIGHT NIGHT remake came up for discussion. This is something that I have a hard time being against. Mainly due to the fact that my favorite Doctor, David Tennant and one of my favorite Irish actors, Colin Farrell have starring roles in the film. Noxon described the updated as such, "It's 20 years later, so there were certain things about the movie that we just completely reimagined. It's a different setting and the Peter Vincent character is a totally different kind of guy. The plot is quite different, but there's a lot of the same basic set up." She then explained how they tried to stay as true to the original, "We identified scenes that were iconic from the original movie and tried to make sure that we hit those beats. There was some puzzle-doing, fitting a new story into that framework. But I had such a good time on that movie, I really did. It's been amazing from start to finish, so we'll see what happens."

So...shouldn't we be seeing a trailer for the FRIGHT NIGHT remake soon?



No comments:

Post a Comment