Wednesday, December 22, 2010

'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' casting controversy--'Glee' star Heather Morris


December 21st, 2010 3:26 pm ET

With the recent popularity of vampire-themed movies and television shows, it is no huge surprise to learn that a remake of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" is in the works. Warner Brothers made the announcement back in November, but controversy quickly followed with the realization that Joss Whedon, the master mind behind the iconic TV series, would not be involved.

As the casting process begins to unfold, a number of fans and critics are judging the frontrunners for the part of Buffy.

"Glee" star Heather Morris made headlines this week as she revealed that she is being considered for the lead. As a ditzy yet adorable cheerleader on the Fox's hit comedy, Heather's comedic timing could be a perfect fit for the movie. But will she be enough to change the minds of diehard "Buffy" fans?

"They're considering me!" Heather told Access Hollywood about the Buffy movie. "I found out and I almost peed my pants 'cause I was so excited!"

"If they make [Buffy] when [Glee] is on hiatus, I don't even care what I do," she added. "I can just run through the shot and do nothing—even if I'm not Buffy!"

But given that casting has not even begun, Heather would not have much time for the shoot. Even when "Glee" is on hiatus for the summer, Heather will be on tour with the "Glee Live" tour.

Do you think Heather Morris would make a good Buffy?

Examiner

No comments:

Post a Comment